PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
INVENTIA HOSTING’S PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Thanks for choosing Inventia Hosting. This personal data protection policy has been created to help you understand how Inventia Hosting handles your personal data, how we securely process and store that data and the rights the rights you have in relation to your personal data.
Before getting into the details we’d like to highlight some of the key principles behind this Policy. These principles are important to us because we know they’re important to you.
Inventia Hosting takes your privacy very seriously. The following principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- We will provide clear information about how we use your personal information. We will always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and who you should contact if you have any concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities.
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal information on www.inventiahosting.ie is to provide you with a safe and efficient experience and to offer you those services and features that better meet your needs or requests. We will only collect personal data that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the entity responsible for your data is Inventia Projects Limited (a public limited company entered on the Irish Companies Registration Office, under number 583760, having its offices at 2nd Floor, Breffni Court Watercourse Road Blackpool, Cork, Ireland, hereinafter “Inventia Hosting” “, “the website” or “we”).
The services offered by Inventia Hosting are not intended for minors. Therefore, if you are under 16, or the equivalent minimum age in the corresponding jurisdiction, please do not send us any personal information or use our Services. If at any time we suspect the registration of a minor under 16 years of age, we will proceed to cancel your registration and prevent your access to the use of our products, services or contents.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information about visitors to our site and/or users of our services. We may collect this information either directly when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through our website.
A) PERSONAL DATA YOU KNOWINGLY GIVE US
Inventia Hosting directly collects the Personal Data you enter when you register for a Service/create an account, subscribe to our newsletter, submit feedback or send us a communication (whether by social media, email, post, phone or otherwise). This may include:
- Personal information that you provide us with when you create an account and a personal profile on this website and that can be used to identify or contact you such as your name, postal address, phone number, date of birth and email address.
- Information about transactions made on our Products and services. When you purchase one of our products or services, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details for billing and payment purposes.
- Other personal data which you choose to send to us, for example, photographs, information about your personal circumstances, and specific information regarding your reason for contacting us.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is required in order to use our services (e.g. registering an account) and some is voluntary. If you do not provide data when needed for a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
B) NON PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. Inventia Hosting indirectly and automatically collects these Data as you navigate our website through cookies (see our cookies policy)
This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as:
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and/or software, to administer our Services, and to gather demographic information.
- Data relating to browsing, including: browser used, browsing duration, search history, operating system used, language and pages viewed ;
- Data concerning your use of our Site such as traffic data, location data, and other communication data; and
- Data about your visits to our Website, including your referral source, length of your visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing and frequency.
WHERE WE STORE DATA
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To manage and control your registration as a user of Inventia Hosting, as well as to process your requests for services, subscriptions or any other contracting of our services, in accordance with the terms and conditions that apply to them.
- To present content from our Services in an effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- To develop, provide, personalize and continually improve our products and services.
- To provide you with information and respond to any communications you might send to us about our products, services, updates, offers and news which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out promotional and advertising activities by any means, including the sending of e-mails.
- To carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
- To test, review and troubleshoot new products, services and features.
- To get a better understanding of where our visitors come from.
- To enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off of our products and services. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING DATA
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases and in the ways described below:
- After obtaining your express and unequivocal consent (where you have given consent), which you may revoke at any time through your profile settings.
- For the performance of a contract where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver the Services you have requested).
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- To protect your vital interests or those of others;
- As necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- As necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Wherever possible, Inventia Hosting will use your personal data in a form that does not identify you.
We will never sell, trade, market, lend, rent or disclose your information to third parties, except as provided herein:
- To provide, support and deliver some of our services. For example when you pay for our products or services using a credit card, we release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank or to the credit card payment processing company to confirm payment for the products and services purchased on our website or for example when we register a domain on your behalf.
- To comply with any legal obligation or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation when it is required by law enforcement or judicial authorities.
- To protect our rights, reputation, property, or safety of Inventia Hosting, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event that we decide to sell all or part of our business or assets or enter into a merger, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and their advisers.
The acceptance granted by users for having their data processed or disclosed in the manner explained in this section is always revocable, though with no retroactive effect.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Keeping our customer information complete, accurate and up to date is vital. Unless specifically stated otherwise, when filling in the forms users must fill in all the required fields supplying data that are truthful, accurate, complete and up-to-date. Users are solely responsible for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, that may be entailed for Inventia Hosting or any third party through filling in the forms with false, inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date data or through filling in the data of third parties instead of their own.
Inventia Hosting endeavours to ensure that any personal information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which Inventia Hosting uses that information.
Although we try to keep our database up to date by checking users’ details regularly, and updating our records as soon as we become aware of change, you are the sole responsible party for maintaining the accuracy of your personal information, so you keep your personal data updated through your customer area.
However, Personal Information already published on the website (for example, Personal Information posted with comments to a blog) may not be updated.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access: By exercising this right you can know whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, the purposes of this processing, the origin of the aforementioned data and whether they have been or will be disclosed to a third party.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to have your inaccurate or incomplete personal data completed or modified without undue delay.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you.
- Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten): You have the right to get your personal data erased without undue delay.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the personal data you provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance us.
If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify some of the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account (certain personal data we maintain about you, your communication preferences and your payment settings).
Finally, you also have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
In the event you consider our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint:
- Directly with Inventia Hosting by using this site
- With the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found here
COMMERCIAL COMMUNICATIONS BY EMAIL
RETENTION AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, including the security of our processing, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we do business.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take our security responsibilities very seriously, implementing the most appropriate physical, electronic, technical organizational and procedural safeguards, including staff training and awareness against unauthorized or unlawful access to personal data and against accidental alteration, loss, destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
We also take great care to ensure the security of this site. When our forms ask users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our accounting staff or a customer care representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information.
- Data Breaches
Inventia Hosting has been processing millions of data records for several years and has never had a data breach. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal data in our control may have been compromised, we will notify you through the email address provided within 24 hours of Inventia Hosting learning of the breach and provided with detailed information as outlined in the GDPR. We will then collaborate with the supervisory authority competent to ensure impacted users are notified in a timely manner.
LINKS TO AND FROM INVENTIA HOSTING
You may not create a link to any page of this Website without Inventia Hosting’s written consent.
Links to third party websites on the website are provided solely for convenience. If you use these links, you leave our website, so access to any third party website is entirely at your own risk. We encourage you to be aware when using these third party websites and to read their respective privacy policies to learn more about their data practices.
Inventia Hosting reserves the right to change this policy at any time in order to adapt it to newly enforced rules or laws, as well as those arising from existing codes of conduct in the matter or, if applicable, for strategic corporate decisions.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS
You can also reach us at the address below:
Inventia Projects Limited
2nd Floor, Breffni Court
Blackpool, Cork, Ireland
Any unauthorized use of the aforementioned texts and contents will lead to the initiation of the appropriate legal actions and economic claims.